Skip to main content
Saskatoon Public Schools
Inspiring Learning
Registration for Non-Canadian Students

If you are not a Canadian citizen, you will need to contact the Newcomer Student Centre to register for school. An appointment will be made for you to bring your child to our office to complete the registration process and language assessment (if English is not your first language).

Students whose parents are permanent residents or have a valid study or work permit can register in our schools. The family must live in Saskatoon and be eligible to study at the time of registration. 

Parents holding a valid study permit must study for at least one year and be registered in a recognized full-time degree or diploma program other than ESL (English as a Second Language). You will be asked for a copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment letter when registering. Parents who have conditional admission to a post secondary program should contact the Newcomer Student Centre for information about eligibility.

The Newcomer Student Centre is currently closed to the public, so visits are by appointment only. If you would like to register your child or have questions about the registration process for non-Canadians, please email or call 306-683-8400.