Kindergarten is a special time and place in the life of a young child. Saskatoon Public Schools are open to all children and dedicated to embracing every student in a safe and welcoming environment. We understand the importance of early learning and literacy. Our Kindergarten classes are small to encourage individualized education and include a strong literacy component in Kindergarten. When it comes to supporting literacy, Saskatoon Public Schools is a leader! We offer French Immersion Kindergarten in nine of our elementary schools.
If your child will be five years old by January 31, 2021, your child can start Kindergarten in September 2020. To choose the right English or French Immersion Kindergarten for your child, we invite you to bring your child to visit our Kindergarten classes, tour our schools and meet our teachers. Most schools hold kindergarten open house events during January each year. A full list of 2020 open house dates is available here.
Find our registration form and additional information about registering your child for school here.
We are pleased to offer the following Kindergarten options. Please check with your school to confirm program offerings:
- Half day, every day Kindergarten at: Brevoort Park, Caswell, Chief Whitecap*, College Park, Ernest Lindner*, Fairhaven, Greystone Heights, Holliston, James L. Alexander, John Dolan, Lakeridge, Lakeview, Lester B. Pearson, Mayfair, Prince Philip, Princess Alexandra, Queen Elizabeth, Roland Michener, Saskatoon Misbah, Silverwood Heights, Sutherland, Sylvia Fedoruk, and Westmount schools;
- Full day, alternating day Kindergarten at: Alvin Buckwold, Brownell, Brunskill, Buena Vista, Caroline Robins, Charles Red Hawk, Chief Whitecap*, Colette Bourgonje, College Park, Confederation Park, Dr. John G. Egnatoff, Dundonald*, Ernest Lindner*, Forest Grove, Henry Kelsey, Howard Coad, Hugh Cairns V.C., John Lake, King George, Lawson Heights, Lester B. Pearson, Montgomery, North Park Wilson, Pleasant Hill, River Heights, Saskatoon Christian, Silverspring, Sylvia Fedoruk, Victoria, Vincent Massey, Wildwood, Willowgrove*, and W.P. Bate schools;
- French Immersion Kindergarten programs are offered at École Alvin Buckwold, École Dundonald, École College Park, École Forest Grove, École Henry Kelsey, École Lakeview, École River Heights, École Silverspring and École Victoria;
- The Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Language and Culture Kindergarten Program at Confederation Park Community School; and
- The Métis Cultural Program at Westmount Community School.
* Four schools -- Chief Whitecap, Willowgrove, Dundonald and Ernest Lindner -- have closed enrollment boundaries. Please contact the school directly for more information.
To view our Kindergarten brochure, click here.
To help prepare children for Kindergarten, view our Welcome to Kindergarten Activity Book here