Welcome to Saskatoon Public Schools! We look forward to meeting you and your child/children! Students are registered at the school in their neighbourhood. Registration forms are available at each school or on each school's page on this website.
Our elementary schools offer Kindergarten to Grade 8 for students 5 years of age to 13 years of age. Our high schools (collegiates) offer Grades 9 to 12 for students 14 years of age to 21 years of age.
Registering for Kindergarten
Registration for Kindergarten begins in January for the next school year. Children must be 5 years old by January 31 of the school year in which they begin Kindergarten. For example, to start Kindergarten in September 2019, your child must be five years old by January 31, 2020.
Registering for all other grades
Students can register at any time during the school year (September to June). When you enroll your child/children, you must provide the school principal with documentation that verifies their age. One of the following documents may be used:
- Certificate of Birth
- Baptismal Certificate
- Status Card
For children who have moved from another school, it's a good idea for them to bring along any documents from their last school (i.e., report cards) that will help our staff get to know your children better.
To submit the form electronically:
- Please fill in all relevant information on the form.
- Save the completed form to your computer.
- Email the form as an attachment to the school's email address which can be found on Saskatoon Public Schools website. You will receive a confirmation email that the registration form was received.
- You will be required to sign the form and show ID to verify the student’s birth date during your next visit to the school.
To submit at the school:
- Please fill in all relevant information, then print the form, or;
- Print the form, then fill in all relevant information. Please note this form prints to 8.5” X 14” or legal paper size.
- Hand in the completed form to the front desk of the school.
Paper copies of these forms are always available at the front desk of every school.
Some families, whose first language is not English, may need help with English as a Second/Additional Language (ESL/EAL). Staff at our Newcomer Student Centre will recommend support and programming for students needing EAL services. If your child is not a Canadian citizen, you will need to register through the Newcomer Student Centre. In addition, students who are new to Saskatoon Public Schools, and who do not speak English as their first language, should visit our Newcomer Student Centre located at 310 21st Street East in down town Saskatoon. Call 683-8400 for an appointment.
The individual school principal is responsible for the decision on the admission of students to schools.