The Newcomer Student Centre is located at:
310 21st Street East
Saskatoon, SK s7k 1M7
For directions and an informational brochure, click here
The Newcomer Student Centre provides families with a welcoming and supportive introduction to Saskatoon Public Schools.
When you visit our office, we will:
- Introduce your family to our schools
- Help register your child for elementary and/or high school
- Assess your child's English as an Additional Language (EAL) skills (for 6 yrs +)
- Recommend support and programming for children who need EAL services.
Who should register through the Newcomer Student Centre
- All students who are not Canadian citizens.
- Students and their families who are new to Saskatoon Public Schools
AND who do not speak English as their first language, including First Nations, Inuit and Métis students.
When to book an appointment at the Newcomer Student Centre
When your family is living in Saskatoon, please book an appointment
to visit the Newcomer Student Centre. At your appointment, your child's immigration documents will be reviewed and their eligibility for publicly funded education
in Saskatoon will be determined. Once your child's immigration status has been reviewed, the Centre will help you register your child for school.
Note: Both a parent/legal guardian AND the student(s) are required to be present at the time of registration.
What to bring to your appointment
Please bring the following documents to your appointment at the Newcomer Student Centre:
- Student's immigration document
- Proof of parent's immigration status in Canada:
- Confirmation of permanent residence (landing paper or permanent residence card OR
- Parent's work or study permit (confirmation of enrollment in a post-secondary program is required for study permit holders)
- Recent, dated documentation to confirm residency in Saskatoon (e.g., signed mortgage, rental or lease agreement, utility bill, Saskatchewan driver's license)
- School transcripts (school records) for students age 14+ who will attend secondary school.
- Any other relevant documents.
How to book an appointment
To book an appointment, please call 306-683-8400 or email
. Please allow one to two hours for your visit.