The Newcomer Student Centre is located at 310 21st Street East.
email@example.com. For directions to the Newcomer Student Centre, click HERE.To book an appointment, please call 306-683-8400 or email
The Newcomer Student Centre provides families with a welcoming and supportive introduction to Saskatoon Public Schools.
Who should register through the Newcomer Student Centre?
- All students new to Saskatoon Public Schools who are not Canadian citizens
- Students and their families who are new to Saskatoon Public Schools AND who do not speak English as their first language, including First Nations, Inuit and Métis students.
What does the Newcomer Student Centre do?
- Introduces families to our schools
- helps register students in elementary and high schools
- Assesses EAL (English as an Additional Language) students' language skills
- Recommends support and programming for students needing EAL services.
Children can be registered for school once the family is living in Saskatoon and immigration status is confirmed by the Newcomer Student Centre. Your child's immigration document and the following documents will be required:
- Proof of residency in Saskatoon (Ex. lease agreement or utility bill)
- Proof of parent's immigration status:
- Parent's permanent resident card or
- Parent's confirmation of Permanent Residence Records of Landing or
- Parent's valid work permit or study permit.