You may complete your Class 7 learner’s exam in high school driver education on a computer. To make this happen, you will need to visit a licence issuer with identification before entering driver education
to obtain an SGI customer number.
A customer number and email address are required to activate your MySGI account. This can be done well in advance – the sooner the better!
Step 1: Obtain an SGI Customer Number You can do this by visiting your local motor licence issuer or any SGI motor vehicle branch office. You will need a minimum of two pieces of original identification to establish your full legal name, complete date of birth and signature (e.g., Canadian birth certificate/Canadian passport AND Saskatchewan health card).
- Don’t forget to
provide an email address, which is needed in Step 2.
- You will be given a Personal Identification Document. Verify all information on this document to ensure it is complete and accurate (i.e., height, gender, eye colour.)
Do not lose this document. You will be required to provide it to your driving instructor on the first day of class.
If you have SGI photo ID, you already have an SGI Customer Number and will only need to ensure you have an email address on file with SGI. An email address is required to activate your MySGI account. To add this information, call or visit your local motor licence issuer or call the SGI Customer Service Centre in Regina at 306-775-6900 or toll free at 1-800-667-9868.
Step 2: Register for MySGI
- Make sure you have added an email address to your customer profile. An activation code will automatically be sent to your email account. You will use this code to set up your MySGI account.
- Register for a secure online account by going to
www.sgi.sk.ca/online and select the
- Select I have an activation code.
- Enter your customer number and your activation code, then select Submit.
- Create a username and password.
- Welcome to MySGI.
At the time of your learner’s exam, you will be required to log into your MySGI account with your username and password. From there, you will access the testing application.
Features of computerized testing include:
- Coloured graphics clarifying each question
- Immediate feedback after each answered question (correct or incorrect)
- Immediate scoring (pass or fail).
*You will be required to search and select a motor licence issuer of your choice. We recommend searching by city or postal code.