The School Community Council acts in an advisory role to the school, the Board and other agencies and organizations. The primary purpose of the School Community Council is to:
- develop shared responsibility for the learning success and well-being of all children and youth; and,
- encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in school planning and improvement processes.
Elected and Representative Members:
- Five to nine elected members to represent parents/guardians of students in the school and
- First Nations representative(s) if there are students who live on reserve and attend a school
within the Saskatoon Public School Division; and,
- 1 or 2 student representatives at the Secondary Collegiate level.
- One Teacher;
- Any other individuals, in consultation with the other members of the School Community Council
- (i.e., Community School Coordinator, School Nurse, Nutrition Coordinator).