A big HELLO and a heartfelt welcome to all new families from your École Lakeview School Community Council (SCC) members!
Since 2007, École Lakeview School has had a School Community Council as part of its governance structure. The purpose of the council is to provide an opportunity for parents to have input into the education of their children as well as to promote a successful, safe and positive education experience by developing activities that bring the community together and initiatives that support learning.
Check Us Out! SCC meetings………
- Offer a forum for open discussion about your concerns and school issues
- Give parents a chance to get to know teachers and each other
- Show appreciation and acknowledgement for ALL levels of participation, from planning events and initiatives, to making coffee
- Provide childcare by request
- Do NOT require any formal membership or volunteering
- Take place MONTHLY, 6:30 pm in the school library, meeting dates will be posted in school newsletters
This is what our members say:
“It's a very supportive environment and I love hearing what's on the minds of other parents and teachers. I almost always come away having learned something new.”
“The added benefit of meeting other parents gives me a sense of community. I truly believe it takes a village to raise a child. This is our village and our children, we owe it to them!”
“I hope that through my involvement at Ecole Lakeview School and on our School Community Council that my children will know how important I believe their education is and in return, they will value it that much more.”
Have your say.
Join your School Community Council.
For further information, contact the school.