All Saskatoon Public Schools' students will begin the school year on Thursday, Sept. 1, according to the 2022-23 school year calendar.
The calendar represents a total of 184 instructional days for elementary students and 181 days for collegiate students, with 950 hours of instruction for both. The calendar has been finalized with the inclusion of professional development days at both the elementary and collegiate levels.
The calendar was developed in consultation with stakeholder groups as well as other area school divisions. A pre-Labour Day start date allows school divisions to appropriately schedule the required number of instructional hours.
All Saskatoon Public Schools elementary schools will welcome new students and families to their school during Early Registration Day on Tuesday, Aug. 30, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
It includes a 17-day winter break around Christmas and New Year's Day, a nine-day break in February that includes the Family Day holiday, and a 10-day spring break in April in conjunction with the Easter long weekend. There is no school on Sept. 30, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
The final day for high school students will be June 28, 2023. The final day of classes for elementary students is June 29, 2023.
Key dates include:
Download the 2022-23 School Year Calendar
- First day for students: Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022
- Winter Break: Last day of classes is Thursday, Dec. 22, 2022; classes resume Monday, Jan. 9, 2023
- February Break: Last day of classes is Friday, Feb. 17, 2023; classes resume Monday, Feb. 27, 2023
- Spring Break: Last day of classes is Thursday, April 6, 2023; classes resume Monday, April 17, 2023
- Final day for high school students: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Final day for elementary students: Thursday, June 29, 2023