Under most circumstances, parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from school. However, students may be eligible for free transportation in the following circumstances:
- if a student resides more than 1.2 kilometres from their neighbourhood elementary school where either: suitable Saskatoon Transit routes exist; or significant enrolment concerns have been identified.
- if a student has a designated disability and requires assistance getting to their neighbourhood school
- if a student must leave their neighbourhood school in order to enroll in French Immersion at another public elementary school. This is applicable for the designated French Immersion school for their home neighbourhood
- if a student must leave their neighbourhood school in order to enroll in the Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Culture and Language Program at Confederation Park School.
Elementary school students residing in the following neighbourhoods without schools receive transportation to the following schools.
- Arbor Creek to Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- Aspen Ridge to Sylvia Fedoruk School
- Blairmore Suburban Centre to James L. Alexander School
- Briarwood to Lakeridge or Wildwood schools
- Brighton to Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- City Park to North Park Wilson School
- Downtown and Downtown Area Daycares to North Park Wilson School
- Dutch Growers Subdivision to Sutherland School
- Exhibition to Buena Vista School
- Grosvenor Park to Greystone Heights School
- Haultain (east of Clarence Ave.) to Holliston School
- Holiday Park to King George Community School
- Hudson Bay Park to Mayfair School
- Kensington to Lester B. Pearson School or Ernest Lindner School
- Lakewood Suburban Centre to Lakeridge School or Colette Bourgonje School
- Nutana Suburban Centre to École Alvin Buckwold School
- Richmond Heights to North Park Wilson School
- The Willows to Chief Whitecap School
Information and neighbourhood transportation zones for elementary French Immersion schools is available here.
High school students are encouraged to use Saskatoon Transit.
For more information about severe weather and transportation, please visit our severe weather page.