The purpose of Communication Media is to provide experiences for students to inquire while developing understanding, skills, and abilities in audio, video, and interactive media production to communicate effectively.
The Areas of Focus for Communication Media are to:
- Explore and experience fundamental concepts through the acquisition and improvement of technical skills including appropriate software, and equipment use and terminology.
- Create solutions to problems or challenges using a variety of production skills including project management.
- Identify communication issues and implications for self, society, and the environment, as well as plan projects considering sustainability.
- Identify career opportunities as well as skills, work habits, and training required to obtain and sustain work in communication media.
- Understand and utilize the three stages of production.
From a practical sense, students will learn skills in audio, video and multimedia production. In 2021 terms, students will learn how to make podcasts, vlogs, other videos and create an online space to showcase their work.
This course is offered at the 20 and 30 levels, in both English and French.