The membership of the School Community Council includes from five to nine elected members who represent parents and guardians of students in the school and community members. The SCC also includes appointed members: the principal and one teacher.
The purpose of the SCC is to:
- develop shared responsibility for the learning success and well-being of all children and youth; and
- encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in school planning and improvement processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- act in an advisory role to the school, the Board, and other agencies and organizations regarding student learning and well-being;
- act as a link between the parents and community;
- act in the best interests of the school and students;
- advise the principal on student learning and well-being issues;
- communicate and consult with parents and the school community.