Colette Bourgonje School is pleased to offer full day, every other day Kindergarten.
Kindergarten is a special time and place in the life of a young child. Saskatoon Public Schools are open to all children and dedicated to embracing every student in a safe and welcoming environment. We understand the importance of early learning and literacy. Our Kindergarten classes are small to encourage individualized education. Our Literacy for Life initiative includes a strong literacy component in Kindergarten. When it comes to supporting literacy, Saskatoon Public Schools is a leader! We offer French Immersion Kindergarten in seven of our elementary schools.
If your child will be five years old by January 31 of 2018, your child can start Kindergarten in September 2017. To choose the right English or French Immersion Kindergarten for your child, we invite you to bring your child to visit our Kindergarten classes, tour our schools and meet our teachers.
To view our Kindergarten brochure, click here
To help prepare children for Kindergarten, view our Welcome to Kindergarten Activity Book here
We are pleased to offer the following Kindergarten options for the 2016-17 school year:
- Half-time Kindergarten at all of our neighbourhood schools;
- Full day, every other day Kindergarten at École Alvin Buckwold, Buena Vista, Caroline Robins, Confederation Park, Dr. John G. Egnatoff, Dundonald, Fairhaven, Forest Grove, Howard Coad, Hugh Cairns V.C., John Lake, Lawson Heights, Montgomery, Pleasant Hill, Roland Michener, Saskatoon Christian, Silverspring, Vincent Massey, Westmount, Whitecap, Wildwood and Willowgrove Schools;
- French Immersion Kindergarten at École Alvin Buckwold, École College Park, École Forest Grove, École Henry Kelsey, École Lakeview, École River Heights, and École Victoria and;
- The Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Language and Culture Kindergarten Program at Confederation Park Community School.
- The Metis Cultural Program at Westmount Community School.