Montessori philosophy and methodology is a unique approach to education.
Registration Process 2017-18
- Students with or without previous Montessori experience are welcome to register at all levels
- Previous Montessori experience is an asset at the Upper Elementary (grades 4 – 6) and Middle Years levels (grades 7-8)
- Attendance at the March 7 information evening or scheduling an intake meeting with a school administrator prior to registration for all students registering for grades 2 – 8 without previous, ongoing Montessori experience.
- SPS Montessori Registration forms must be completed and submitted before Friday, March 31
*Late registrations will be considered if space remains in the program after the waiting list is exhausted.
- Random Selection (Lottery) of students will occur in the first week of April
- Families will be notified of registration status prior to the spring break
Enrolment Limits and Random Selection Process:
City Park School has limited classroom space for expansion in 2017-18. It is our goal to add two additional classrooms this fall (one at both the lower elementary and upper elementary levels). If more students register for our Montessori Program than we are able to accommodate, the following process will be followed.
Selection of students through random selection (Lottery)
- As many students as possible will be accepted up to enrolment limits
- Each class will be determined through lottery in keeping with the following criteria:
- In order to maintain the integrity of the Montessori methodology, each class will maintain a clear majority of students with previous Montessori experience
- Age (grade) balance in each classroom when possible
- Consideration for siblings currently enrolled in the program
- A waiting list at each age level will be established through the lottery process and will remain active until March 1 of the following year.
SPS Montessori Registration Form 2017-18.pdf